Monday, June 16, 2008

more photos from the box

OK here's yet another photo i grabbed while I was back in Elgin. I have no idea who these folks are but it was sure a bright day as evidenced by the little girl blocking out the sun with her arm. And the shadows, of course.
I haven't been blogging too much of late as some of you may have noticed. I'm trying to get ready for some high school summer classes I'm teaching starting next week. Video production & animation. whoo boy. it's one thing to do it. quite another to teach.
I'd say I'll probably learn more than the kids but that wouldn't say much for my teaching skills so I won't.



I got an interesting phone call last weekend from Dean Stockwell. He called to tell me he had his friend Dennis Hopper over the night before and they were watching my film (
Uso Justo) and getting quite a kick out of it. Probably not as much of a kick as I got out of receiving his phone call but maybe.
Either way it was pretty nice of him to call and let me know this. Kinda made my day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, you'll be a great teacher. Your enthusiasm and humor will make the kids fired up. And you will learn, but that's icing on the cake. Have fun.

Rick Monaco said...

Lookit chew .. all receivin' indirect praise from Dennis Hopper an shit..

Chuck Olsen said...

"In dreams" indeed!

wendy lewis said...

since you'll be sitting over some plate of food @ my house tomorrow night, i should say that i watched your film w/ Rife when she was down here escaping last week and... well... holy shit. it was 3AM and it was beyond entertaining which was why we were still awake. dennis hopper ain't got nothin' on our enjoyment factor.