Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Biggish Purge

It's good sometimes to take a piece (or pieces) of your past, put them into cardboard boxes and sell them to an aging hippie at a used record store. It sorta clears out the system. And in this technological age of iTunes and ePhones and O rings and Frankenberries it's quite easy to keep yourself musically happy without ever once changing a needle. That said I still have my turntable and I gave myself a limit of 60 albums I would keep. for instance these 7 . .



Here's 7 of the 280 I sold. . . .







now i wonder how many of you will write in the comment box things like "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SOLD YOUR WORKINGMANS DEAD!" or somesuch. And i say that's part of the beauty of the big purge.
OK who can guess how much money I got for approximately 275 LP's ? i ask you .. .
if anybody guesses correctly they win a special secret prize which will be delivered to their home via the U.S. Postal Service. maybe. ya never know with those guys.



4 comments:

Rick Monaco said...

Just so your prediction doesn't go unrealized, I'm leaving my standard two cents, and in deference to Harry Callahan's famous quote on "opinions."

I could give two shakes about Workingman's Dead, but we've probably had that discussion before. What you'll really regret is tossing "Tattoo You" - and specifically side two. (As well as 'Neighbours' from side one.)

There, I feel better.

Coleman Miller said...

You may be right. 20/20 hindsight.
Neighbors... very good. But i'm already missing "Tops". oh well.
No Looking Back.

Mikie said...

You got approx. $68.75

And that's doing very well. :-)

Coleman Miller said...

Mikie . . .close.